Continued from the post .... http://saxons-and-vikings.blogspot.com/2023/02/olaf-sigurdsens-raid-survivors-sail-home.html
After a couple of days, Torsten Halvorsen and his men had crossed the hills into the low country now they were back in their own lands. As they neared the settlement of Sakertstalle they were met by the village headman - who asked for their help to defend the village against a band of marauders that were in the area ...
The next day, the man watching the approaches to the village through the marsh could see the Marauders in the distance..he raised the alarm...
Halverson and his men moved into position, to help defend the settlement perimeter...
In came the attackers, their charge held they were beaten back but they came in again ...
1. Played with my basic Saxons v Vikings rules
2. Settlement Defenders
- Torsten Halvorsen: armoured with shield, +2 on Combat and Saving throws
- Halvorsen's thirteen: +1 on Combat and Saving throws
- 1 archer un-armoured,
- 5 armoured + shield, spear/sword/axe
- 6 un-armoured + shield, spear/sword/axe
- 1 un-armoured + short knives
- Villagers (9) : mix of weapons - sword or pitchfork/flail/staff.
- plus Bjorn the Beserker: un-armoured and +2 on Combat and Saving throws
3. The Marauders:
- Leader : armoured with shield and +1 on Combat and Saving Throws
- The rest (49): un-armoured with shield, spear/sword/axe. (includes two archers)
4. The final body count...
- 4 villagers died defending the village
- 4 of Halvorsen's men were wounded one later died from his wounds the others would recover.
- the Marauders - their leader and 38 of them were killed, the rest ran for their lives ...
Love your work, Allan!ReplyDelete