Saturday, 20 October 2012

Ship Building (2) - ships sides & preparation on masts

A quick shot of the 3 saxon decks now with their foamboard added, bringing them up to the same approximate height as the ship behind.
Now onto the sides, I spent a bit of time doing some measuring and came up with a simple side made from 2mm Daler mounting board for the viking deck first. A last check on it to see if it lines up ok ...
I then cut the other side out and used PVA wood glue to stick to the deck, it all needs clamping though to hold it together while the glue goes off..
While the sides are drying off I sorted out how to fit the spars to the masts - using picture wire and super glue to fix, shot of first one done ...
 
Next - repeat the above for the saxon ships, and trial fit the masts. Sorting out some 'carved' ends for the prow and stern needs a little thought.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent progress. More please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ships are coming along very well. Might have to make some more myself now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are fantastic! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

  4. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.
    Ship Building

    ReplyDelete