Saturday 2 March 2013

Noggin mad ...

I always enjoyed the Noggin the Nog stories when I was a child, and still have a fondness for the characters and stories - set in the (viking) Northlands; I have the 12 book set, covering 12 of Noggin's adventures, plus the Sagas of Noggin the Nog (the first 4 stroies from the 12 book set but illustrated in colour) and Nogmania - nice little book on Noggin, his country men and life in the Northlands.

For more on Noggin the Nog and his adventures  see http://www.nogginthenog.co.uk and http://www.smallfilms.co.uk/noggin/.

My aim is to model each of the main Noggin the Nog characters - some interesting modelling to do...

4 comments:

tradgardmastare said...

A great trawl of Nog goodies-enjoy!
I really look forward to seeing your modelling (esp Nog Bad the bad) results...
best wishes
Alan

Fitz-Badger said...

Sounds like fun. I've only heard of Noggin the Nog in passing, as it were (that is, mentions from Brits on tv shows, for example). Don't have any exposure to the genuine article. Might have to look them up. :)

Sam Wise said...

Nice idea!!
those characters look very funny !

Springinsfeld said...

An excellent idea. I too loved the Tales of Noggin the Nog . 12 years ago or so I was lucky enough to meet the late Oliver Postgate, a charming kind man who signed my copy of Nogmania and let me hold the real Bagpuss... a seminal moment in my life. Looking forward to seeing the figures (especially Nogbad).